Merry Christmas. Last week was simply fantastic, complete with all of the traditional celebration. I can say it was the sweetest Christmas I recall. In addition to the warmth of family and reunions with friends, the week was also filled with especially bright moments that warmed and humbled my heart.
I had the chance to humble myself and begin to understand the magnitude of the meaning of Christmas when holding a newborn baby, Noah Scott Wanner. What a blessing it was to meet and hold this little guy. Ok, the picture isn't "birth announcement" quality, but I think it was pretty special!
On Dec 23rd, I had the chance to serve with my parents at Kate's Kitchen. This Kitchen offers a free meal to any Bluffton resident in need on Wednesday nights. I have joined in with my parents in the past by helping serve the food. This time I jumped in with my Dad and stood with him as he greeted the guests. I was touched by the relationships he had with the folks and the chance to get to know them too. I never cease to be amazed by the 10 fold returns that can be received from serving others.
Whether you head to the gym to work off holiday calories or stay at home to relax in your new snuggie, enjoy the final days of 2009. I will likely be doing both!
Jada
No comments:
Post a Comment