Friends and Family,
Today is bitter sweet as I prepare for my return trip to Peoria. I'm downloading the final pictures and chatting with Megan and Nathan as I pack my suitcase and gather up my souvenirs.
Yesterday we traveled by train to Hakone. It is a tourist resort in the mountains with natural hot springs. We visited a site that had the absolute most horrendous smell I have ever experienced...it was sulphuric steam of some sort. You can see the steam behind us in this week's photo. There were multiple warning signs that the gases were dangerous to your respiratory system, but we charged on anyway. The typical attraction was the eggs boiled in the natural hot springs. The water was so sulphuric that the eggs turned black. For five bucks the tourists (myself included) could eat these black oddities. Tasted just like a normal boiled egg. Once at home, we all laughed about the fun we had at the awful smelling mountain.
See you state side soon.
Jada
No comments:
Post a Comment